About the Job
The GIIN is looking to hire an experienced Development and Partnerships Manager in a growing, fast-paced nonprofit organization to advance strategic fundraising efforts with key funders, including foundations, donor agencies, and corporations. A new position within the Development team, this is an exciting opportunity to leverage your talent, experience, and passion to deepen the GIIN’s impact in re-imagining the role of capital to drive positive change. Through contributing to the growth and financial health of the organization, the Manager will also gain front-row exposure to the dynamic impact investing industry and what it takes to build a vibrant market. The Development and Partnerships Manager will report to the Director of Business Development.
- Develop and produce compelling grant proposals, in collaboration with other members of the Development team
- Manage overall proposal development process, including:
− Collaborating with program teams, as needed
− Working with the GIIN’s Finance and Operations team in budget development
− Reviewing drafts and ensuring high-quality proposals
- Engage with funders on grant management and requests
- Contribute to the cultivation of new grant or partnership opportunities, with an orientation toward strategic alignment and optimal outcomes
- Oversee grant management and reporting, including:
− Ensuring timely completion of milestones and deliverables
− Reviewing report drafts and ensuring high-quality and timely submissions
- Manage two Development Associates; supervise Associates’ work and support their professional growth and learning
- Develop materials to strengthen the GIIN’s fundraising efforts, as needed
- Contribute to internal reporting, as needed
The Development and Partnerships Manager must have superb writing and project management skills, demonstrated supervision and relationship management experience, strong strategic thinking, and relevant experience in a development or similar role. Familiarity with impact investing and/or the business or financial sector is highly desired. The ideal candidate is adept at managing multiple projects at once and is collaborative, professional, and resourceful. He/She also shares the conviction that for-profit investment capital can effectively address social and environmental challenges. Experience in high-growth organizations is advantageous, but not required.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven ability to develop compelling narratives that effectively communicate goals and objectives and frame opportunities around alignment of interest
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience showing strong ability to manage projects and key stakeholder relationships
- Success working effectively with diverse stakeholders and balancing deliverables on multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
- Passion for working on both the strategy and tactic for pursuing win-win opportunities
- Experience supervising direct reports with strong results
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred (e.g. Business, Economics, Finance, International Development, Policy)
- Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3, 2017.
State “Development and Partnerships Manager_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
The GIIN’s work currently cuts across the following focus areas that are designed to address the critical needs of the emerging impact investing industry.
1. GIIN Membership provides access to a thriving global community of organizations interested in deepening their engagement with the impact investing industry. The GIIN membership is composed of more than 220 organizations from over 30 countries that have signed on to gain formal access to peer connections and industry information, tools, and resources.
2. Impact Measurement is a critical component of impact investment. To support coordinated impact measurement across the field, the GIIN oversees IRIS, a catalog of generally-accepted performance metrics that leading impact investors use to measure social, environmental, and financial success. The GIIN also develops tools and guidance materials to support investors in their practice of impact measurement and performance management.
3. Investor Resources
a. Reports and publications developed by the GIIN provide public good information such as industry research, market data, and case studies of successful practice.
b. The GIIN hosts ImpactBase, the online global directory of impact investment vehicles that reduces search costs for investors and fund managers, and provides transparency into the landscape of impact investment opportunities.
c. The GIIN operates a training program to support the development of impact investing skills among fund managers in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
4. Market Leadership initiatives of the GIIN include a bi-annual global conference for impact investors, as well as management of an invitation-only Investors’ Council for active, large-scale impact investors representing a diverse set of institutions at the forefront of the market. Additionally, GIIN outreach elevates the profile of impact investing by highlighting exemplary impact investments, industry progress, and best practices. The GIIN also disseminates research, informs conference and event programming, and promotes mainstream media coverage of impact investments.