About the Job
Accion’s Center for Financial Inclusion seeks a new team member with work experience related to financial inclusion, sustainably standard-setting, economic development and/or consumer protection. This role will focus on supporting the Smart Campaign, an industry client protection effort to keep clients first in financial inclusion.
The job will support the continued expansion of the Smart Campaign’s Client Protection Certification program, a unique certification program that has to date certified more than 75 institutions that serve over 35 million clients for meeting high standards of client protection. In addition, the individual will support other activities including client protection research, engagement with regulators and partnership management.
About The Smart Campaign: The Smart Campaign (www.smartcampaign.org) is a global campaign made up of microfinance leaders from around the world who believe protecting clients is not only the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. By providing microfinance institutions the tools and resources they need to deliver transparent, respectful and prudent financial services to all clients, the SMART Campaign is helping the industry make good on its double bottom line promise and elevating microfinance as a model of responsible banking around the world.
About The Center for Financial Inclusion: The Center for Financial Inclusion at ACCION (www.centerforfinancialinclusion.org) is a new industry-building initiative pursuing the proposition that low-income people deserve high-quality financial services, and that these services can best be provided through commercial models incorporating social purpose. The Center (CFI) works on behalf of the microfinance industry as a whole, serving as a bridge to leverage private sector interest in microfinance, and seeking to bring the best minds and expertise to bear on industry problems. The Center works collaboratively with key players inside microfinance and from the private sector to tackle important challenges in the industry.
SUPPORT CLIENT PROTECTION CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
• Develop, disseminate, maintain and improve policies and procedures around the Client Protection Certification program including audit manuals & grievance redressal mechanism.
• Accreditation manager: Accreditation of certifiers and assessors. Lead process, oversee individual team members in data collection, review feedback, make decisions based on regional needs.
• Develop systems for tracking and measuring growth of certification program and analysis of performance of institutions against the certification standards
GENERAL CAMPAIGN SUPPORT
• Assist campaign with standard setting research, engagement with regulators and advocacy and communication, as required
• Communicate with and update partners in the Latin America and the Caribbean on campaign activities
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in relevant area; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience required, experience in financial inclusion, microfinance or standard-setting preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills
- Ability to articulate and solve problems, make sound decisions and conclusions based on available information
- Monitoring and evaluation skills; familiarity with quantitative tools for tracking and analyzing data
- Experience living and working in Latin America or other developing countries a plus
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required, additional languages a plus
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
Apply directly at https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1770/lead-specialist%2c-smart-campaign/job
Accion is a global nonprofit dedicated to building a financially inclusive world with access to economic opportunity for all, by giving people the financial tools they need to improve their lives. We are building the next generation of top-tier microfinance institutions, and over time have helped build 65 such institutions in 32 countries on four continents that today reach millions of clients. Our impact investing initiatives are pushing beyond microfinance to catalyze more than 20 innovative start-ups dedicated to improving the efficiency, reach and scope of financial services to the poor. And our Center for Financial Inclusion is helping to build a stronger industry with high standards. Currently our work spans 24 countries, including the U.S., where we are the nation's largest nonprofit microfinance network. For further information, visit www.accion.org.